UNIT DRIVEN Test

Dec 15, 2009 at 6:48 PM

Hello,

It would be nice and very helpful if the test can be seperated by folders and also sorted by class names.

Thanks,
Chai

Coordinator
Dec 16, 2009 at 12:01 AM

Unfortunately the tests are loaded by reflection which means it has no idea about the folder structure of the project, but that being said the Namespaces usually reflect the folder structure and it could be possible to split the namespace and create nested folders for that. Would that be good enough?

Also the classes are ordered by how they are declared in the original source file, I think to provide more flexibility it would be better to keep it that way. You could always sort the tests in the actual source code. Does that sound reasonable?

Dec 16, 2009 at 12:35 PM
Edited Dec 16, 2009 at 12:40 PM

Thanks,

Seperated by folder would be nice and have the UI shows tab control with ability to test each namespace seperately.  

I added few lines of code in the App.xaml.cs and able to have them sorted alphabetically now.

I put the list of Testers into a new List<T> and sorted them there.

Once it is sorted them, I clear the original Testers list and add the sorted testers items back into the list.

It is working. But now I have to try to put each folder into a seperate tab control in the page. 

So it could run the test for folder seperately. Is it possitble?

Any more input would be greatly appreciated.

Chai

Coordinator
Dec 16, 2009 at 4:08 PM

Yeah I'll work on some code updates to group the tests by namespace (tree view, like nunit). I'll also add a text box at the top that will allow you to filter the tests containing that text as you type.